Roasted Rosemary Potatoes
- 1 pound russet potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 head garlic, cut in half crosswise
- Prepare to roast—Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Prep the potatoes—Add russet and sweet potatoes to a Dutch oven, drizzle with olive oil and season with rosemary, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat evenly. Tuck both halves of garlic in with the potatoes.
- Roast the potatoes—Cover and roast for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and stir potatoes with spatula. Return to oven and roast, uncovered, until potatoes are golden brown and tender when pierced with a fork—another 15 to 20 minutes. Serve immediately.
Step away from the microwave. Crisp these potatoes up on a baking sheet in a 450°F oven for 5 to 10 minutes.
Mix it with mayo for a DIY aioli, add to everything from hummus to stews, or simply spread it on warm, crusty bread.