Savory Stuffed Mushrooms
Earthy mushrooms filled with a mix of tangy cream cheese and nutty Parmesan bake into the ideal one-bite appetizer.
Total Time: 45m
Prep Time: 25m
Cooking Time: 20m
- 12 medium fresh white or brown mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- Prepare to bake—Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prep mushrooms—Wipe mushrooms clean with damp paper towel. Gently break off stems. Chop off the tough ends of stems and discard, then chop remaining stems extremely fine.
- Start the filling—Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add mushroom stems and sauté until moisture disappears, then add garlic and stir constantly for another minute. Transfer to a medium bowl and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Finish the filling—Add cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, parsley, black pepper, and onion powder to bowl with cooked mushrooms and mix well. Add a generous amount of filling to each mushroom, dip tops of mushrooms in bread crumbs, and place on oven-safe frypan, filling side up.
- Bake and serve—Bake in preheated oven until mushrooms are piping hot and liquid begins to form under caps, about 20 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve hot.
Tip for Easy Filling
Add filling to a plastic zip-top bag, snip off a bottom corner of bag, and squeeze mixture into mushroom caps. So much quicker and less messy than trying to spoon filling into mushrooms.